Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I ain't no skinny bitch--yet!

My newest endeavor not only includes a new book, but in addition, a new lifestyle.  After reading a measly article in Glamour Magazine’s April issue I have decided to take on the challenge of veganism.  Gasp!  Truth be told I have never been a huge fan of meat.  Chicken and fish are my staples, but beef is not my friend.  However, a Dick’s Deluxe is and forever will remain a tasty treat.  Dairy is my weakness, especially in the form of ice cream.  Larry once told me, “I don’t know if it’s just that when I think of ice cream I think of you, or if when I think of you I think of ice cream.”  In high school, with concerns for my heart health, I sought out a dietician and cut out all forms of cow from my diet with the hopes of becoming less of said mammal myself.  Despite the new diets success, my life and weight reacted like a perpetual yoyo.  Now years later, more than I’m willing to admit, I have decided to challenge myself again mentally and physically by embracing veganism and hot hatha yoga.  
After enduring a few days of both I can already feel the difference in my body and mind.  A coworker recommended Skinny Bitch, a book that changed her mind about the foods she chooses to ingest.  My mom introduced me to Bikram, and within two days I’ve accumulated three yoga buddies to attend classes with me, one being my little brother!  Two books to add to my “to do list:” Skinny Bitch and Bikram Yoga.  I will be inheriting the skinny bitch’s cookbook from my mama soon as well.  I’m excited and nervous about this new challenge and commitment I’ve made for myself. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally stalking you today. I love yoga! Let me know what you think of Bikram... I've been wanting to try but I'm a smidge intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Rachelle! I'm so excited to hear how it works out for you! Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete